Recently Uber was legalised in Queensland making it the sixth Australian State to legalise the ride sharing app. Since it launched many people have claimed Uber is unsafe and uninsured.
So are you covered if an accident were to occur in an Uber?
In short, yes, anyone who is a passenger in an Uber is covered by two types of insurance.
- Firstly, each passenger is covered by their individual driver’s CTP insurer for any personal injury sustained in an accident.
- Secondly, Uber Australia has a company insurance policy with CGU Insurance.
These policies together ensure that any passenger in an Uber is covered.
Although you are covered, in the event that you are in an accident involving an Uber, Accident Legal recommend that you:-
- Seek medical attention immediately if you are injured;
- If practicable, get the personal details of the Uber driver including name, registration details and licence number;
- Report the incident to police;
- Contact Uber directly to notify them of the accident.
Accident Legal can then help you through your insurance claim, as we are experts in all road injury claims. Our goal is to maximise your compensation. Should you or anyone you know be involved in a motor vehicle accident call Accident Legal today for a free, no obligation consultation on 1800 745 745. We offer all clients our no-win-no-fee guarantee.