Have you suffered injuries as a result of a motorcycle accident?
We appreciate that when a motorcyclist is involved in an accident, the injuries can often be severe, and in tragic cases, fatal. When a motorcyclist in involved in a collision with a vehicle, no matter how the accident occurred, most of the time the motorcyclist will come of “second best”. We are experts in motorcycle accident claims.
You may have been overtaking a vehicle when the vehicle collided with you, a vehicle may have turned directly out in front of you without giving you any opportunity to avoid the collision, a vehicle may have changed lanes without seeing you as a result of you being in his/her “blindspot”, or a vehicle may have run a red light. However your accident was caused, you may be entitled to significant compensation.
Questions & Answers
What the Law says
At Accident Legal, we are acutely aware of the road rules relating to motorcycles.
While most of the laws are the same for all motorists on the roads, there are some laws that apply to motorcyclists only. They relate to:
- Lane Filtering: This is when you ride you motorcycle at low speed between stationary or slow moving vehicles travelling in the same direction as you.
- Riding on Road Shoulders: This is when you ride your motorcycle on a road shoulder or emergency stopping lane.
- Motorcycle Control: You must stay in control of your motorcycle at all times.
- Pillion passenger: This is when there is a passenger behind the rider.
- Motorcycle Helmets: Special laws dictate the type and quality of helmet you must wear.
- Bicycle Storage Areas: There are the areas at the front of traffic light intersections that a motorcyclist is permitted to wait until the light turns green.
Speak to our expert motorcycle lawyers now for more information on these special laws and how they may or may not affect your case! Our expert knowledge of these special laws can help you win your case.
Are there time limits in bringing a claim?
Yes. Strict timelines apply to motorbike injury claims. Contact us immediately to see whether you are still within time for making a claim.
How long will my claim take?
This will depend on the severity of your injuries that you have sustained in the motorbike accident and the complexity of your claim. As a general rule, most claims take between 12 months to 18 months to complete. There is often an initial delay while your injuries stabilise.
What can I claim for?
You are entitled to claim compensation for the following:
- The pain and suffering you have experienced.
- Your past and future loss of income (including superannuation).
- Your past and future out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. medical expenses, travel expenses, rehabilitation expenses).
- The past and future paid care or services (i.e. cleaning, gardening, personal care needs etc.) that you had to pay someone to do as a result of your injuries.
- The past and future care provided to you by others (usually family members) for no charge (i.e. cleaning, gardening, personal care needs etc.) that you required as a result of your injuries.
Do I need to pay a fee?
You don’t pay us a cent unless you win your case and you are paid compensation.
Book your free, no-obligation expert motorbike accident case review here
How do I contact Accident Legal?
We've got offices all around the state. To change the displayed location, select it using the title:
18/175 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Level 1/3972 Pacific Highway
Loganholme QLD 4129
Suite 30610, Level 6
Southport Central 3, Commercial
9 Lawson Street
Southport QLD 4215
Noosa Civic Commercial
28 Eenie Creek Road
Noosaville QLD 4566
Suite 101, Tower 2
Kon Tiki Business Centre
55 Plaza Parade
Maroochydore QLD 4558
You can call us any day of the week, 24 hours a day on 1800 745 745
Don't want to call? You can send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org