Have you been injured while driving a truck? We are truck injury experts.
We understand that driving a truck is not always easy. We also know that when something goes wrong when driving a truck, the injuries can often be severe, and in tragic cases, fatal.
Questions & Answers
What the Law says
At Accident Legal we are acutely aware of the road rules relating to trucks. If your truck has a Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) of 4.5 tonne or more, then your truck by law is classified as a heavy vehicle. The law recognises that heavy vehicles:
- Require more space when turning;
- Have a larger blind spot than ordinary vehicles;
- Require much more time and distance to stop to avoid a collision compared to a car.
If your truck displays the "Do not overtake turning vehicle" sign, the law affords you as a truck driver more flexibility. For example, trucks with the sign displayed are allowed to take up more than one lane to turn at corners, intersections and roundabouts. Our in-depth knowledge of the road rules relating to trucks will maximise your chances of winning your case.
You can even make a claim if you were involved in a "hit and run" and therefore you don't know the identity of the driver that caused your accident. We can discuss the process with you.
Are there time limits in bringing a claim?
Yes. Strict timelines apply. Contact us immediately to see whether you are still within time for making a claim.
How long will my claim take?
This will depend on the severity of your injuries that you have sustained in the truck accident and the complexity of your claim. As a general rule, most claims take between 12 months to 18 months to complete. There is often an initial delay while your injuries stabilise.
What can I claim for?
You are entitled to claim compensation for the following:
- The pain and suffering you have experienced.
- Your past and future loss of income (including superannuation).
- Your past and future out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. medical expenses, travel expenses, rehabilitation expenses).
- The past and future paid care or services (i.e. cleaning, gardening, personal care needs etc.) that you had to pay someone to do as a result of your injuries.
- The past and future care provided to you by others (usually family members) for no charge (i.e. cleaning, gardening, personal care needs etc.) that you required as a result of your injuries.
Do I need to pay a fee?
You don’t pay us a cent unless you win your case and you are paid compensation.
Book your free, no-obligation expert truck accident case review here
How do I contact Accident Legal?
We've got offices all around the state. To change the displayed location, select it using the title:
18/175 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Level 1/3972 Pacific Highway
Loganholme QLD 4129
Suite 30610, Level 6
Southport Central 3, Commercial
9 Lawson Street
Southport QLD 4215
Noosa Civic Commercial
28 Eenie Creek Road
Noosaville QLD 4566
Suite 101, Tower 2
Kon Tiki Business Centre
55 Plaza Parade
Maroochydore QLD 4558
You can call us any day of the week, 24 hours a day on 1800 745 745
Don't want to call? You can send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org