Very Strict Time Limits Apply

No Win, No Fee: Our Guarantee to You

Get the help you deserve

Wrongful Death and Loss of Dependency

Have you lost a husband, wife, de-facto partner, mother, father, or family member as a result of an accident?

We understand that this will be a very difficult time for you. Our expert legal team can guide you through the legal process to ensure you receive the maximum compensation for your loss.

Are there time limits in bringing a claim?

Yes. Strict timelines apply. Contact us immediately to see whether you are still within time for making a claim.

How long will my claim take?

This will depend on the severity of your injuries and the complexity of your claim. As a general rule, most claims take between 12 to 18 months to complete.

We will progress your claim as quickly as possible, however we won’t rush your claim as this could result in your compensation being significantly less than what you are entitled to.

What can I claim for?

Not only will the wrongful death of the deceased family member invariably cause significant psychological injury to you as part of the grieving process, but the wrongful death of that person may also result in you suffering significant financial and non-financial hardship and loss. You are therefore entitled to claim compensation for the following:

  • Loss of Financial Dependency

    If you depended or partially dependent upon on the deceased husband/wife/family member for income received by the family member, then you can claim for loss of financial dependency, from the time of the accident to the present, and also for the income the family member would have provided in the future.

  • Loss of Non-Financial Dependency

    If you depended or partially depended upon the deceased husband/wife/family member to carry out services around the home such as cleaning, gardening, personal care, then you can claim for the loss of these services as a result of the death of the husband/wife/family member.

  • Nervous Shock

    The death of a family member can very often cause significant grief, stress and anguish. If you develop a psychiatric condition as a result of the death of the family member, then you can claim compensation. This may relate to treatment costs for your psychiatric condition, pain and suffering you have suffered and loss of past and future income due to your psychiatric condition.

Do I need to pay a fee?

You don’t pay us a cent unless you win your case and you are paid compensation.

Contact Accident Legal


Level 2/167 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4000


Level 1/3972 Pacific
Highway Loganholme
QLD 4129

Gold Coast

Suite 30610, Level 6
Southport Central
9 Lawson Street, Southport
QLD 4215


Noosa Civic Commercial
28 Eenie Creek Road
Noosaville QLD 4566


Suite 101, Tower 2 Kon Tiki
Business Centre
55 Plaza Parade
Maroochydore QLD 4558

Read our latest news

Are you distracted by your phone? Walking distracted could soon be illegal

Are you watching where you are walking? Or are you distracted by your phone? It’s time to put your phone away and be engaged with your surroundings because pedestrians walking whil [..]

Are you covered when riding in an Uber?

Since Uber launched many people have claimed that it is unsafe and uninsured. So are you covered if an accident were to occur in an Uber? In short, yes, anyone who is a passenger [..]

Cannabis indulging surfer awarded over $400,000 in damages

The Queensland Supreme Court on 11 March 2016 awarded Mr Schneider $447,969.94 in damages. Mr Schneider was injured in a motorcycle accident on 9 March 2010. Mr Schneider suffered [..]

Claimant’s life goes from rags to riches

A man who became homeless after a motor vehicle accident was awarded $1.28 million. In Martin v Andrews [2016] QSC 20 the Queensland Supreme Court awarded Mr Martin, who sustained [..]

Read more

Book your 100% free, no-obligation expert case review here