Very Strict Time Limits Apply

Workcover & Workplace Accidents

Get the help you deserve

Workcover & Workplace Accidents

If you have been injured at work or suffered a work-related illness, you will be entitled to workers’ compensation to cover medical expenses, loss of income, rehabilitation services and access other benefits under the workers’ compensation scheme.

The types of work injuries we can help with

A work injury does not have to be a physical one. It can also be stress-related such as a heart attack, stroke or worsening of a pre-existing disease or condition.

You can be confident our Lawyers can help with injuries suffered from work related injuries and illnesses. including the following:

  • Broken bones,
  • Electrocution, burns,
  • Back injuries,
  • Strain injuries,
  • Psychological injuries (such as anxiety, depression or PTSD),
  • Catastrophic injuries like partial or full paraplegia; or
  • Wrongful death - where our lawyers represent the families of loved ones who have passed away in work related accidents.

Work Accidents can happen in many environments

Your injuries may have happened in a variety of settings. Essentially you are covered for any injury you have sustained travelling to and from work or during the course of your work. This includes:

  • On-site workplace injury
  • Office workplace injury
  • Factory or machinery related injury
  • A Journey claim

What can I claim?

Under the workers’ compensation scheme, you may be entitled to the following benefits:

  • Weekly payments to cover lost income
  • Medical, hospital and nursing expenses
  • Rehabilitation and other support services
  • Paid or voluntary care
  • Payments for your pain and suffering
  • A lump sum payment if you’ve been seriously and permanently injured
  • The pain and suffering you have experienced
  • Your past and future loss of income
  • Your past and future loss of superannuation
  • Your past and future out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. medical expenses, travel expenses, rehabilitation expenses)
  • Your past and future paid care or services (i.e. cleaning, gardening, personal care needs etc.) that you had to pay someone to do as a result of your injuries.

Am I eligible for workers’ compensation?

All employers must have compulsory workers’ compensation insurance for employees in their workplace. And you are covered by the workers’ compensation scheme if you are a:

  • Casual or permanent employee
  • Full-time or part-time employee
  • Self-employed worker
  • Person deemed to be a worker (such as jurors, work experience students or some volunteers).

You need to act quickly

If you’ve been injured or have fallen ill at work, you need to report it to your employer’s workers’ compensation insurer within 6 months of your injury.

If it’s been more than 6 months since you became aware of your injury, you still may have options. Call Accident Legal today and speak with one of our experienced workers’ compensation lawyers for a free, no obligation case review.

How long will my claim take?

This will depend on the severity of your injuries and/or illness and the complexity of your claim. As a general rule, most claims take between 12 months and 3 years to complete.

After your claim has been completed there is often an initial delay while your injuries stabilise. Your injuries need to have stabilised before you are medically examined to assess the full extent of your injuries. We will progress your claim as quickly as possible, however we won’t rush your claim as this could result in your compensation being significantly less than what you are entitled to.

Do I need to pay a fee?

You don't pay us a cent unless you win your case and you are paid compensation.

Contact Accident Legal


Level 2/167 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4000


Level 1/3972 Pacific
Highway Loganholme
QLD 4129

Gold Coast

Suite 30610, Level 6
Southport Central
9 Lawson Street, Southport
QLD 4215


Noosa Civic Commercial
28 Eenie Creek Road
Noosaville QLD 4566


Suite 101, Tower 2 Kon Tiki
Business Centre
55 Plaza Parade
Maroochydore QLD 4558

Read our latest news

Are you distracted by your phone? Walking distracted could soon be illegal

Are you watching where you are walking? Or are you distracted by your phone? It’s time to put your phone away and be engaged with your surroundings because pedestrians walking whil [..]

Are you covered when riding in an Uber?

Since Uber launched many people have claimed that it is unsafe and uninsured. So are you covered if an accident were to occur in an Uber? In short, yes, anyone who is a passenger [..]

Cannabis indulging surfer awarded over $400,000 in damages

The Queensland Supreme Court on 11 March 2016 awarded Mr Schneider $447,969.94 in damages. Mr Schneider was injured in a motorcycle accident on 9 March 2010. Mr Schneider suffered [..]

Claimant’s life goes from rags to riches

A man who became homeless after a motor vehicle accident was awarded $1.28 million. In Martin v Andrews [2016] QSC 20 the Queensland Supreme Court awarded Mr Martin, who sustained [..]

Read more

Book your 100% free, no-obligation expert case review here